China has the largest Internet population in the world, with its own language, media properties, consumption patterns and unique digital market. The way consumers use the web and interact with content differs significantly from European Internet users. Therefore, an in-depth understanding of the Chinese market is essential for long-term digital success. We provide data insights, identify key drivers of growth and give recommendations that empower our clients to enter or to appropriate the Chinese market with confidence.
Market Entry Consulting
This is where we strategize and prepare. For new entrant merchants, exploring or planning to make the first steps into China with 1.3+ Billion consumers, there are multiple questions to be answered and decisions to be made. As with any business venture, the business case needs to show a positive figure down the line. WebshopinChina’s e-commerce audit analysis is an integral part of our service offering. It allows us to better understand your business and to bring you valuable insights from leading practices. Using our expertise, which is gained from years of China e-commerce experience, we can:
- Compare performance measures to leading industry practice
- Provide quantifiable data and objective insights that can be leveraged to enhance your China business
Our analysis provides insight into your company’s performance by benchmarking and comparing data from competitors and industry level. It often reveals potential improvement opportunities in: pricing, platform strategy, product portfolio and digital marketing opportunities.
Collecting and comparing data is one thing, but what about interpreting it to your benefit? This is where the knowledge and experience of your WebshopinChina team comes in. Our e-commerce audit analysis considers a variety of your company’s metrics. The output of the analysis is a report containing key findings along with a full list of the metrics used. All in all, you will receive a report including the following elements:
- How your company compares with its peers in key measures
- Opportunities to achieve better sales on the platforms
- Opportunities to increase the effectiveness of your digital marketing performance within the next 6 months
- Recommended plan in terms of team operations and outside assistance for next 12 months
- Cash flow prognosis based on ambitious but realistic goals for next two years
Data-driven Product Validation
Luckily we make it possible to gauge your rate of success before you invest in an expensive market entry or product launch. We use our software tool to analyze the current trend for your market and target audience. Even if you’re not operating in the Chinese market yet, there’s enough data to be gauged from competitors and your target groups on social media. With the use of various experiments, we utilize real user testing. A few examples include:
- A/B testing
- Receive insights on new products
- Gauge which unique selling point (USP) resonates best with target audience
- Receive pricing & product mix recommendations
- Engage in data-driven product development
Product Selection & Pricing
We could talk ages about the differences between the Chinese market and culture and ours; or we can go straight to your product strategy. Chinese consumers have different demands, wishes and expectations; luckily we’ve obtained the experience so that we can do the hard work for you. Chinese consumer behavior can vastly exceed — or fall behind — your expectations. We are here to help you get the most out of it. We optimize your product selection and pricing strategy for your target group, but this is not where we stop. We provide new insights based on factual data to further stimulate your growth.